Knowing how tourism accommodations are classified is advantageous to avid travellers. Usually these are classified according to target markets. Below is a compilation of different hotel and accommodation classification for reference:
- Hotel – An establishment that provides travelers with paid accommodation and other guest services. Depending on size, location, and amenities, hotels are generally rated from one-star to five stars, but letter grading (from “A” to “F”) and other rating schemes are also used to categorize hotels across the world.
- Hostel – Ideal for budget travelers and backpackers, a hostel is an inexpensive type of accommodation, usually with shared bedrooms and communal facilities.
- Bed and Breakfast – A Bed and Breakfast (B&B) is an intimate, independently run lodging establishment, where breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Inn – A small establishment offering overnight accommodation, food, and drink to travelers.
- Pension – A type of guesthouse or B&B, where in addition to lodging and breakfast, guests are also offered lunch and dinner. Pensions are usually family-run and cost less than other accommodation options.
- Guesthouse – A guest house or guesthouse is a private house offering inexpensive accommodation to tourists.
View full list of tourism accommodations from Luxury Accommodations Blog.